Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

New sniping engine

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject: New sniping engine Reply with quote

In the following weeks, Gixen will start transitioning to using the newest eBay interface. From a user perspective, everything will look just the same, but reliability will be further strengthened by this.

While this is not urgent by any means, I kindly ask all users to prepare for this by granting Gixen additional authorization on eBay that will allow it to use the newest interface. Once you log in to Gixen, click on the "Settings" button, scroll down a bit, and you will see the following:

Secondary eBay authorization status: Inactive.
Link/Re-authorize Gixen on your eBay account (valid for 18 months)

Click on the "Link/Re-authorize" link and grant Gixen permission to bid on your behalf.

A sniping engine that uses the new interface is already active on the mirror server, so any mirror subscribers who grant new authorization to Gixen will immediately take advantage of it. The main server will likely be upgraded as soon as a few months from now.
bzager

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:46 am    Post subject: new snipe engine Reply with quote

I feel like an idiot...where is the "settings" link?
bzager

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:49 am    Post subject: new snipe engine Reply with quote

Never mind...I logged in and found it
Happyhocus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: new snipe engine Reply with quote

It's actually a button to the left of the Logout button. The mouse does not change to a hand when you hover over it.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: new snipe engine

mrtee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inabdit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject: Gixen update Reply with quote

Just received Mario's message about the new interface. However, my Ebay settings don't match the information given by him. In my Account settings, I do not immediately see the words "Secondary eBay authorization status: Inactive".......what I do see, instead, under Account Preferences/Site Preferences/General Preferences and then in the section titled Third-Party Preferences....is a list of names including Ebay itself and Gixen Inc, with check-boxes alongside to revoke authorization.
It seems there is no additional authorisation to give. I am in the UK, using ebay.co.uk
I'm just assuming that I am looking in the correct place! Smile
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are looking at the eBay settings page, not Gixen settings page. Log in to Gixen, click on the "Settings" button and you will see it.
m.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject: Not working for me. Reply with quote

I get an error when clicking on "Link/Re-authorize":

{"error_id":"invalid_request","error_description":"Input request parameters are invalid.","http_status_code":400}
mymojo79

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject: Re-authorization minor issue Reply with quote

I successfully gave secondary authorization per Mario's email request.

While I was in there, I figured I might as well re-authorize the primary ebay token status above it.

After successfully re-authorizing both, I see these expiration date:

eBay authorization token status: Active.
Your eBay authorization for eBay account m***jo79 expires on Sun, Jun 6, 2021.

Secondary eBay authorization status: Active.
Your eBay authorization for eBay account m***jo79 expires on Sun, Jun 13, 2021.

Not a real big deal, but a head-scratcher as to why the expiration dates aren't identical.
tvalley

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject: I just did mine..... Reply with quote

.....without a hitch!
-Alan Salls
Derekroff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject: I, too, get an error message Reply with quote

Like an earlier poster, I get an error message when I click the button Link/Reauthorize the secondary eBay server. However, my status code is up to 500, over the previously reported 400.

{"error_id":"temporarily_unavailable","error_description":"The authorization server is currently unable to handle the request.","http_status_code":500}
derekroff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject: 4th time successful Reply with quote

On my fourth try, I was successful in my Link/Re-authorize attempt for the Secondary eBay authorization. It is possible that this success happened, because between the third and fourth tries, I re-authorized my primary eBay authorization.

Like an earlier poster, I see/saw a variety of dates. In the confirmation phase of the reauthorization for both primary and secondary, I was told that the authorization was valid through May 27, 2021. However, after going back into the Gixen Settings page, I see that the primary is authorized through June 6, 2021, and the secondary is authorized through June 13, 2021.

On another note, I couldn't find a way to change the Captcha. In fact, I have had the same one on every message attempt this morning. It took me a few tries to get it right, since fractured, low-res eight and nine, and zero and 'o' look identical.
Lihplom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject: Secondary authorization Reply with quote

I can find the primary, but can’t seem to find the secondary authorization.[/img]
inabdit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject: reply to Mario Reply with quote

mario wrote:
You are looking at the eBay settings page, not Gixen settings page. Log in to Gixen, click on the "Settings" button and you will see it.

Haha, my word-blindness and old age. I've got it now! Very Happy
SDShannonS

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too tried repeatedly to activate the secondary but it continued to display as "Inactive" until I re-activated the primary, then activated the secondary. It them immediately showed as Activated.
DanCtoo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:10 am    Post subject: Add item ERROR Reply with quote

I recieved the email from Gixen about the new sniping engine and the secondary eBay authorization status. This is now activated.

However...now it is no longer possible to add ANY item!
Example error in Gixen webpage:

Error: Array
Could not add this item (174122794266)(1, -1).

This item is on Ebay UK, i also tested an item on Ebay USA, same error.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Importing watchlist gives this error:

DanCtoo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-authorised eBay authorization token and Secondary eBay authorization.
Same error.
most-interesting

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:27 am    Post subject: new sniping engine Reply with quote

Hi - I'm getting a very strange response from eBay to using your link - currently logged into ebay anyway, it takes me through a verification process that I have never seen before and keeps telling me my login details don't match. I'm stuck.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: Add item ERROR Reply with quote

DanCtoo wrote:

I activated the second authorisation too... but I was able to add his item to my snipe list via the web interface... so this issue appears to be dependent on some, unknown as yet, aspect of certain Gixen accounts, and not universal.

Mario may therefore require more details to help him home in on exactly where the issue lies with the implementation.

Last edited by Cupid on Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Add item ERROR Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
DanCtoo wrote:

I activated the second authorisation too... but I was able to add his item to my snipe list via the web interface... so this issue appears to be dependent on some, unknown as yet, aspect of certain Gixen accounts, and not universal.

Mario may therefore require more details to help him home in on exactly where the issue lies with the implementation.

OK...your comment made me think a bit further.
I unlinked both Ebay token and secondary authorisation and then relinked the token ONLY. Adding items is then possible.
Next step to verify, i activated the second authorisation and tried adding an item...NOT WORKING. I get the same errors like before.

Problem is with the secondary authorisation...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing...

Your eBay authorization for eBay account ******** expires on Mon, Jun 7, 2021.
Re-authorize Gixen on your eBay account (valid for 18 months)
Unlink eBay account

Your eBay authorization for eBay account ******** expires on Mon, Jun 14, 2021.
Unlink eBay account

For now i leave the secondary authorization inactive
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disabled the new interface until I see what is happening. All mirror bids are back to being sent using the primary interface.
wimmer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:02 pm    Post subject: Not working since new authorixation Reply with quote

Done the new authorisation on ebay, no I receive error: Error: Auth token is hard expired.
Could not add this item.
What!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wimmer, are you the user who emailed me as well? If so, this is resolved now.

In general, one should just repeat the re-auth process.
secretspro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:36 pm    Post subject: Magazine Back Issues Reply with quote

Does the new Gixen eBay interface permit bidding (sniping) on items for users who are over a certain age, such as in the Magazine Back Issues topic of that section? Bidding in this section was not possible with a previous build of Gixen. Thank you.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does, adult items can be bid on right now without an issue.
hal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Could it please be stated very clearly somewhere on the website exactly which information is shared to Gixen via the eBay API?

They don't seem to care much about privacy, since one of the links on the permission page leaks someone's full legal name among other things.

The commerce.identity.readonly API returns quote a lot of data.

Please be transparent about this.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hal,

I would need some time to check what is exactly possible to get. As far as I know, not much by default, as there are different access levels. To the best of my recollection, Gixen fetches information related to tokens (token, expiry, etc), and besides that ebay username. That's it.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All known bugs are fixed on both eBay's and Gixen's side, and this feature is now again turned on on the mirror server (only). A notification is being sent to users, asking again for secondary authorization.
DanC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just activated the secondary authorization but i still get this when adding an item:

Could not add this item (164034626446)(1, -1).

Also:

Your eBay authorization for eBay account d***rsbay expires on Mon, Jun 7, 2021.
Re-authorize Gixen on your eBay account (valid for 18 months)
Unlink eBay account
Your eBay authorization for eBay account d***rsbay expires on Mon, Jul 26, 2021.
Unlink eBay account
BATorok

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:41 am    Post subject: Reathorization worked Reply with quote

I found that my primary authorization was expired. I clicked that, was sent to ebay, clicked there, then back to Gixen and confirmed I'm good until July 19, 2021.

Then clicked for the secondary, over to ebay, clicked there, then back to Gixen and confirmed I'm good until July 26, 2021. It seems strange that the primary is one week short of being 18 months and the date for secondary is correct. But, that is a small quibble.

BTW, Gixen is great. I would say that I win more than 90% of the time I use it. Occasionally I'm right up at my limit, but most of the time for less. I always check the bidding history before and after the auction to judge the level and the strength of interest the item had. I believe that almost always Gixen saves me money and often results in my getting the item when I otherwise wouldn't.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanC wrote:

I was able to add this one on my account, with an active secondary authorisation, so it would appear there may be something that is account specific going on.
sfalbo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:11 am    Post subject: Do not see the authorization link Reply with quote

I do not see the Authorization Link.. Click on Settings and all I get is User Name and Password and Preferences. Preferences only allows to set the refresh time and User Name and Password allows to log in.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sfalbo,

You are using the Desktop Manager, the Settings that are being referred to here are only available after logging on here via the web interface, and then pushing the Settings button near the top of the page.
mymojo79

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:47 am    Post subject: desktop manager update? Reply with quote

I downloaded the GixenDesktopManager.zip file and was somewhat surprised that the exe file is dated 2017.11.18.

Will the desktop manager need to be updated to take advantage of the latest API?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt it.

The function of the Desktop Manager is to communicate with the Gixen servers in order to manage the setup of your snipes.

The Ebay API's are used by the Gixen servers primarily to place bids on Ebay, that's why you don't even need you computer to be running for bids to get placed in the last seconds of an auction.

These are very different functions that do not really overlap one another.

The only function where there might be a need for a modification is in the retrieval of the current price information from Ebay for auctions where snipes are scheduled... I'm not even sure whether the Ebay API, and your token, are used for that anyway in the GDM, but in any case it's not an essential function for the main Gixen function of sniping auctions via its servers.
numberland

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:56 pm    Post subject: Still getting error Reply with quote

Still getting the Error:Array, Could not add item after secondary authorisation, I was on UK ebay but tried US as well before de-authorising and it's working again.
DanC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay...i tried with a ebay.com (USA) item.
This is what i got and it's new:

Error: array ( 'errorId' => 11011, 'domain' => 'API_BROWSE', 'category' => 'BUSINESS', 'message' => 'The marketplace value EBAY-NL is not supported. The supported values are: [EBAY-GB, EBAY-DE, EBAY-US, EBAY-AU, EBAY-IT, EBAY-CAFR, EBAY-CA, EBAY-ES, EBAY-FR, EBAY-HK].', 'parameters' => array ( 0 => array ( 'name' => 'marketplaceId', 'value' => 'EBAY-NL', ), 1 => array ( 'name' => 'allowedMarketplaces', 'value' => '[EBAY-GB, EBAY-DE, EBAY-US, EBAY-AU, EBAY-IT, EBAY-CAFR, EBAY-CA, EBAY-ES, EBAY-FR, EBAY-HK]', ), ), )
Error: array ( 'errorId' => 11011, 'domain' => 'API_BROWSE', 'category' => 'BUSINESS', 'message' => 'The marketplace value EBAY-NL is not supported. The supported values are: [EBAY-GB, EBAY-DE, EBAY-US, EBAY-AU, EBAY-IT, EBAY-CAFR, EBAY-CA, EBAY-ES, EBAY-FR, EBAY-HK].', 'parameters' => array ( 0 => array ( 'name' => 'marketplaceId', 'value' => 'EBAY-NL', ), 1 => array ( 'name' => 'allowedMarketplaces', 'value' => '[EBAY-GB, EBAY-DE, EBAY-US, EBAY-AU, EBAY-IT, EBAY-CAFR, EBAY-CA, EBAY-ES, EBAY-FR, EBAY-HK]', ), ), )
Could not add this item (184140925125)(1, -1).

Now that is some more info.
It seems that EbayNL is not supported and i am from the netherlands Crying or Very sad
Why? GB, DE, FR, IT, ES are supported...
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this. I have to check, this is interesting. I have no idea why EBAY NL is not supported, but I will find out.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked the documentation, and indeed, EBAY_NL is not supported. All unsupported marketplaces will now default to eBay US. This does not make a difference in most cases. The only exception would be if an item is not visible on eBay US, and is visible on eBay NL. I haven't seen such cases yet, but I will investigate.
DanC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tested and working from the netherlands Laughing
hal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
hal,

I would need some time to check what is exactly possible to get. As far as I know, not much by default, as there are different access levels. To the best of my recollection, Gixen fetches information related to tokens (token, expiry, etc), and besides that ebay username. That's it.

Not really,

The email you sent, {Update on new sniping engine}, contained the first name stored with eBay. You began the email like so:

Quote:
Dear xxxxx,

After some...

Are you storing the name(s) in a database, or are you pulling the data from the eBay API when sending the emails?

Also, when and how is the name updated (if stored on Gixen servers), because it can be changed in eBay anytime.

Thank you
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name is not pulled or retrieved from eBay - it's actually received in payment notifications from Paypal, and only for mirror subscribers. Aside from name, Gixen also receives user country & address from paypal.

All of this information is deleted upon users' request from Gixen servers (according to GDPR), except country and zip code as Gixen needs this for taxation purposes. There is no selective delete (yet), but users who decide to delete their account automatically delete all of this info from Gixen servers (except country and zip code). After that Gixen only knows that *someone* from that country and that zip code paid this and that amount of money.

The reason for this is - as a Canadian business Gixen is required to charge sales tax for Canadian payers, so it needs to keep track of this. While Gixen does not specifically charge sales tax for Canadian subscribers, it eats that cost / covers sales tax, so Canadian users are not aware of it. Canadian subscribers are, however, only around 2% of all subscribers.

Gixen never passes this information to anyone, and as I stated before, it may do so only at eBay's or law enforcement request. No such request has ever been received.

I hope this explains it.
hal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to allay my concerns.
Stanton

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:24 pm    Post subject: GIXEN Forum - Post a reply Reply with quote

Amazing, That's a incredibly good plst - like you always do Smile I am surfing at this website a few times in per month and constantly discovering new things Planning to share it in my twitter post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: