Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Please re-authorize Gixen on eBay

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject: Please re-authorize Gixen on eBay Reply with quote

With some bumps along the way (forgive me for that), Gixen has now fully transitioned to the new eBay interface, so far the first and only sniping service that has done so. While the benefit may not be obvious, this means increased reliability, especially so when there are any account issues or blocks. All the future features and bug fixes will exclusively be implemented by eBay on the new interface.

Legacy interface will continue to be active until end of February, by which time you will have to re-authorize Gixen (this is free, and can be done from the Gixen settings page) so that it can operate for you on the new interface. If possible, please log in to your Gixen account as soon as possible and re-authorize Gixen on eBay to avoid sniping failures.

Once you log in to Gixen, click on the "Settings" button, scroll down a bit, and you will see the following:

You do not have a linked eBay account.
Link/Re-authorize Gixen on your eBay account (valid for 18 months)

Click on the "Link/Re-authorize" link and grant Gixen permission to bid on your behalf.
aniessen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:34 am    Post subject: Authorize bid on my behalf Reply with quote

I'm sorry Mario, I'm 81 yrs. old & do not want anyone to "bid on my behalf"..That's why I didn't respond to your 1sst message on this subject. I'm very happy to be a participant in your service & recently signed on for 2 more yrs. So I apologize for not understanding what you want me to do.
Kate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:04 pm    Post subject: Please re-authorize Gixen on eBay Reply with quote

Mario, give yourself more credit (re: your apology for "bumps along the way"). You invented a genius configuration that I have used successfully so many times (BTW you don't charge enough either) and when eBay changed their interface, they would have had to grant you full access to their code for you to adapt immediately and perfectly. So thank you for what you do!

Full disclaimer: I don't know Mario from the man on the street but I love Gixen and what it does for me!
20ats16

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject: Where is the settings button? Reply with quote

I’m probably not seeing something obvious, but when searching around Gixen on my iPad, I cannot find the Settings button so I can reauthorize my account.
Where is it?
Thanks, Bill
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject: Where is the settings button?

Custombill

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:38 pm    Post subject: Also having trouble re-authorizing account Reply with quote

Hi Mario, I'm a new user and have successfully sniped a few auctions with your app, but I also can't seem to find the link to re-authorize my account. I can't even log in on the Gixen home page as I get a message saying: Error occurred. Please try again. Please advise. Thanks, Bill.
davidaedwards

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is already linked, do I need to do it again?

I'm seeing...

eBay authorization status: Active.
Your eBay authorization for eBay account ####### expires on Tue, Jun 15, 2021.
Unlink eBay account

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I log in on my PC but can't see a settings button.

There are tabs along the top: Home, Why snipe, Compare, FAQ, Community, Terms and Contact.

Where did you hide it?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Settings button is right above your snipes. It's not a tab, but a button, left of Logout button.

davidaedwards, no, if you see that it's active there is no need to do it again, but no harm either.

aniessen, Gixen bids on its users' behalf, that's what this service does. Before August of 2017, it was using web scraping, and asked users for eBay username and password. It no longer does that, but instead needs your permission on eBay to place a bid. Gixen does not abuse this privilege in any way, and does not do anything you would not like it to do. You can withdraw your authorization at any time, and you can also delete your Gixen account, and all your personal data at any time, in accordance with GDPR.
custombill

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:45 pm    Post subject: Also having trouble re-authorizing account part 2 Reply with quote

Hi again, I figured out my problem. Appears I was just being a bonehead about trying to login. Found the link to re-authorize and all appears good now Wink
dkdj5555

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject: authorize on ebay Reply with quote

Why did I receive an email telling me to reauthorize ebay? It took me a while to figure out where to do that. You should have a link. Then I realized I was already authorized for almost 18 months. I know I had done it a couple weeks ago, but then thought there was problem due to the email. Please track our settings so we don't get scary emails unnecessarily. Thanks
Disisme

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:35 pm    Post subject: Please re-authorize Gixen on eBay Reply with quote

Hi,

I am trying to do this but it's not happening. The settings drop down menu in Gixen only has... User name and password or Preferences. Under preferences it has... Refresh interval. That is all. Nothing more. What now? Any recommendations?
TIA.
lefstone

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Where is the settings button? Reply with quote

20ats16 wrote:
I’m probably not seeing something obvious, but when searching around Gixen on my iPad, I cannot find the Settings button so I can reauthorize my account.
Where is it?
Thanks, Bill

Look for the "Settings" button, and it's to be found there.
booger61801

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:44 pm    Post subject: why do you keep sending this e-mail? Reply with quote

This is the third time you sent me this-mail.
Why do I have to keep re-authorizing my account?
It currently reads:

eBay authorization status: Active.
Your eBay authorization for eBay account b***er61801 expires on Tue, Jul 27, 2021.
kevleahy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:08 am    Post subject: Import watch list Reply with quote

Hi Mario
I just reauthorised account and tried to import watch list as usual.
I get the following error:
Error: array ( 'errorId' => 11001, 'domain' => 'API_BROWSE', 'category' => 'REQUEST', 'message' => 'The specified item Id was not found.', )
I checked ebay and there are items in my watch list.
Best wishes,
Kevin
Rickajho

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: Please re-authorize Gixen on eBay Reply with quote

Disisme wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to do this but it's not happening. The settings drop down menu in Gixen only has... User name and password or Preferences. Under preferences it has... Refresh interval. That is all. Nothing more. What now? Any recommendations?
TIA.

It sounds like you are looking at the limited settings options on the Gixen Desktop Manager. You need to log in to your gixen account here on the web interface instead.

Rick
karenlsinging

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: Also having trouble re-authorizing account Reply with quote

Custombill wrote:
Hi Mario, I'm a new user and have successfully sniped a few auctions with your app, but I also can't seem to find the link to re-authorize my account. I can't even log in on the Gixen home page as I get a message saying: Error occurred. Please try again. Please advise. Thanks, Bill.

I am having same problem when I try to login. There is no settings tab, presumably that is only available when I log in but I just keep getting "error occurred. Please try again" message. I am using PC, not any app on my phone.
sweetwillow86

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:06 am    Post subject: Re-authorising your account Reply with quote

First of all I'd like to say thank you to Mario as I love Gixen and use it all the time and happen to think it's a bargain!

I wanted to see if I could help people who were struggling with the re-authorisation process. First of all the 'error please try again' message: I think this is a cache issue and whenever I get that I just delete the 'home_2.php' part of the web address leaving Gixen.com and reload the page and that sorts the problem out. Secondly the 'Settings' button is next to the 'history' button and before the 'log out' button. Once there you are asked to log in to Ebay and 'accept' Gixen having access.

I hope this helps.
Trevor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: Please re-authorize Gixen on eBay Reply with quote

mario wrote:
With some bumps along the way (forgive me for that), Gixen has now fully transitioned to the new eBay interface, so far the first and only sniping service that has done so. While the benefit may not be obvious, this means increased reliability, especially so when there are any account issues or blocks. All the future features and bug fixes will exclusively be implemented by eBay on the new interface.

Legacy interface will continue to be active until end of February, by which time you will have to re-authorize Gixen (this is free, and can be done from the Gixen settings page) so that it can operate for you on the new interface. If possible, please log in to your Gixen account as soon as possible and re-authorize Gixen on eBay to avoid sniping failures.

Once you log in to Gixen, click on the "Settings" button, scroll down a bit, and you will see the following:

You do not have a linked eBay account.

Click on the "Link/Re-authorize" link and grant Gixen permission to bid on your behalf.
trantlekist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mario, sorted. You don't get enough credit for running this.

Just wanted to say that the link in the email I was sent is taking me to a non-secure version of the site, so when I went to log in at the top Chrome warned me not to. Once I clicked the home tab it was back to https.
RT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario,

I have two ids.

Did it for the first.

After I logged in for the 2nd. It appears I am logged in for the first again.

Repeated several times. Even tried a different device.

Not sure what's up.

Thanks!
spedrunr1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:19 am    Post subject: Gixen has saved my life (or sleep) Reply with quote

Mario, Since my friend recommended Gixen, my life will never be the same. Before I signed up for service, I would have to run to a computer and login to manually snipe items (at ungodly hours of the night, at parties, on the way home from travel, you get the picture) This was before I had a smartphone so you can imagine the embarrassment of me asking friends, families etc if I could borrow their computer for 5 mins. I have easily won (and of course lost) 100's of Ebay auctions while still living a relatively normal life. When using Gixen and if I happen to already be logged onto a computer, I would still just watch the action and let Gixen do the bidding for me (in the final seconds) just for fun. Great service and since I signed up for the Mirror, I have not lost an auction due to internet error. Sorry for being so long winded. Smile
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RT wrote:
After I logged in for the 2nd. It appears I am logged in for the first again.

Repeated several times. Even tried a different device.

Before trying again, go to Ebay.com and log out... Then when you do it again it should prompt you to log in again and you can choose which account to do that for.

Really this is an Ebay defect, they shouldn't persist your login after you've completed the authorisation sequence... but it appears that they do and this may well be the cause of a lot of problems for Gixen users over the past few days.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mario

My 2 accounts are also crossed as no matter which I log in under, it only reverts to one of the accounts under both log ins.

I also sent an email, but it really does not show anything to confirm being sent.

John
ShootTheCore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not working for me. I tried twice with both the Safari and Chrome browsers and saw the same behavior on both. Here's my steps:

1) Browse to the Gixen website.
2) Login with my credentials.
3) Click on Settings.
4) Status "You do not have a linked Ebay account." Click on "Link/Reauthorize Gixen on your Ebay account".
5) Ebay page loaded with prompt "Grand Application Access: Gixen". Click on "I agree".
6) Gixen site loads up with nothing showing except the top username and password login fields.
7) Login with my credentials again. The standard Gixen interface now pulls up.
Cool Click on Settings.
9) Status still shows "You do not have a linked Ebay account."
jwblue17

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShootTheCore wrote:
It's not working for me. I tried twice with both the Safari and Chrome browsers and saw the same behavior on both. Here's my steps:

3) Click on Settings.
4) Status "You do not have a linked Ebay account." Click on "Link/Reauthorize Gixen on your Ebay account".
5) Ebay page loaded with prompt "Grand Application Access: Gixen". Click on "I agree".
6) Gixen site loads up with nothing showing except the top username and password login fields.
Cool Click on Settings.

Same issue.
pipalya

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:17 pm    Post subject: authorize Gixen on Ebay Reply with quote

me too
currietp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:52 pm    Post subject: Wait a minute before I continue to curse you Reply with quote

OK, we'll start by my admitting that I am one of those worthless freeloaders that you (and everyone who pays for the service) wish would just disappear (or worse... usually much worse based on the forum thread about the wait to log in)

But that's not what brought me to this thread.

I'm here because I got your "Please re-authorize Gixen on eBay" message and I have been trying unsuccessfully to accomplish that simple task.

And, of course, I am cursing you fluently because I have just logged in to Gixen for the sixth time so far and every time I have had to wait for the #$%^&* timer, only to discover that apparently there is no way to accomplish this task.

When I log in to Gixen (and, of course, wait) the page says "Your ebay authorization has expired or expires in less than 10 days. Please renew it on the Gixen settings page or your snipes may fail. Your eBay authorization to Gixen has been revoked by eBay. Please renew it on the Gixen settings page or your snipes may fail."

So I follow your instructions by clicking on the Settings button, scrolling down to the section that says "You do not have a linked eBay account. Link/Re-authorize Gixen on your eBay account (valid for 18 months)" where I then click on the link that says "Link/Re-authorize Gixen on your eBay account"

Clicking on that link takes me to eBay to a page that says "Grant Application Access: Gixen" where I click on the "I agree" button which then takes me back to the Gixen log in page where I get to wait again (now for the eighth time)

When the timer runs out, I "Continue to my account"

Where I find that the page still says "Your ebay authorization has expired or expires in less than 10 days. Please renew it on the Gixen settings page or your snipes may fail. Your eBay authorization to Gixen has been revoked by eBay. Please renew it on the Gixen settings page or your snipes may fail."

I can check my account on eBay and under "Third-party authorizations" I find that eBay says "Gixen Inc. (created Feb-03-20)" so clearly I have authorized Gixen, but the problem is that Gixen insists that I have not.

And if I check on this by using Gixen to "Import Watch List" Gixen fails with the error message "Error: SimpleXMLElement::__set_state(array( 0 => 'Please login again now. Your security token has expired.', )) Please re-authorize your eBay account on the Gixen settings page."

Sad
NSM

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject: 2 accounts problem here too... Reply with quote

I have the same problem, Gixen is showing I am authorised on the main and mirror account With the account I want to snipe on but it is sniping them on another account.

Causing major problems here and this is on a paid for account.
zerohimself

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:41 pm    Post subject: You do not have a linked eBay account. Reply with quote

Ok, paid subscription. Got the email about reauthorizing my gixen account on ebay. Every time i go to gixen->settings, and reauthorize ebay returns me to a not-logged-in window, and the reauthorization seems to have not taken effect.

What now? I just lost out on a bid I wanted because i'm not sure of how to fix this. Please advise. I'll recheck tomorrow and see if the status has changed.
saisgixen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too. tried with 3 different browsers - Opera, Edge, Chrome. Step 6 leads to the blank Gixen page.

jwblue17 wrote:
ShootTheCore wrote:

3) Click on Settings.
Cool Click on Settings.

Same issue.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also struggling with this problem. Funny how I just recently renewed my subscription to get a bid on an item too. Looks like I'll miss it in the end Sad

saisgixen wrote:
me too. tried with 3 different browsers - Opera, Edge, Chrome. Step 6 leads to the blank Gixen page.

jwblue17 wrote:
ShootTheCore wrote:

3) Click on Settings.
Cool Click on Settings.

Same issue.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the same problem whats the fix need it ASAP
bobade

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject: Unable to re-authorize Gixen on eBay Reply with quote

I am also a freeloader, and I have the same problem:

I follow your directions for re-authorizing (after logging out of eBay), but am ultimately brought back to the Gixen login page. When I log into Gixen again it is telling me: "You do not have a linked eBay account."

Tried multiple times on Chrome and Opera.

Help!
buster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:31 am    Post subject: double bids Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Hi Mario

My 2 accounts are also crossed as no matter which I log in under, it only reverts to one of the accounts under both log ins.

I also sent an email, but it really does not show anything to confirm being sent.

John

I also have 2 accounts on ebay and the authorisation now shows on my selling accountg which was never registered with gixen - any help appreciated
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do need to log out of any Ebay accounts that you are logged into on ebay.com before attempting the reauthorisation process, otherwise Ebay just uses the one that you are already logged in to.

I would also be interested to know if anyone has managed to get two different Gixen accounts authorised to two different Ebay accounts. I haven't tried too hard to do that myself yet, but I'd like to know if it is at least possible ?
zerohimself

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject: Sign out of ebay, then reauthorize Reply with quote

Found the fix. As suggested above, sign out of your ebay account. Then reauthorize and log into ebay with your credentials. Re-authorization was then successful for me.
RT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following up from my previous post.

I have two different eBay accounts.

I have two different Gixen accounts. I pay mirror on both.

I logged into Gixen with account #1, did the re-authorize. So far so good.

See Scheduled bids (0): eBay account #1

Log out of eBay. Log out of Gixen.

I logged into Gixen with account #2

I've even done this on different devices.

If I go to the settings screen:
I see eBay account #1 under eBay authorization status.
I see eBay account #2 under Legacy eBay authorization token status

Hope this more clearly defines the issue.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First another question, are both these Gixen accounts registered against the same email address, that is they were both paid for from the same Paypal account ?

RT wrote:
Following up from my previous post.

I have two different eBay accounts.

I have two different Gixen accounts. I pay mirror on both.

I logged into Gixen with account #1, did the re-authorize. So far so good.

Log out of eBay. Log out of Gixen.

I'm with you to this point... Are you then saying you've not done anything to enable any authorisations on Gixen account #2 at this stage.

In other words you are saying that you can remove the authorisation for the new API from Gixen account #2, then do what you've said above and then log back into Gixen account #2 to find that it appears to have miraculously managed to authorise itself with the new API to bid on ebay account #1.

Is that right ? Because if so, I have some suggestions as to what Mario needs to look into with his insertion of new authorisations into the membership table of his database.

RT wrote:
I logged into Gixen with account #2

I've even done this on different devices.

If I go to the settings screen:
I see eBay account #1 under eBay authorization status.
I see eBay account #2 under Legacy eBay authorization token status

Hope this more clearly defines the issue.

RT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both accounts were paid for with the same PayPal account. Have been for at least a couple years.

I authorized both on the previous email without an issue. Probably didn't have to and shouldn't have authorized them again on the latest email.

I'm saying that logging in with both Gixen accounts I'm now bidding on eBay account #1. Instead of each Gixen account going to the corresponding eBay account.

So it wasn't a problem when the previous email came out and I authorized. It is a problem with the latest email.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, but if you log out of Ebay.com, log out of Gixen.com then:

Go to the settings and remove the authorisation for ebay account #1 which you have at the moment and do not want.

Reauthorise and note that Ebay asks you to log in, so you choose Ebay account #2, and confirm.

Log out of Gixen account #2

Does it still have Ebay account #1 as the one that is authorised for that account ?

Log out of Gixen account #1

Does it now have Ebay account #1 or Ebay account #2 as the one that is authorised for that account?

Last edited by Cupid on Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
bobade

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:31 pm    Post subject: SUCCESS! Reply with quote

Yesterday I tried multiple times but didn't seem to be able to re-authorize my eBay account. Today, finding no solution on this board, I first clicked "Un-link eBay Account" and then "Link/Re-Authorize."

SUCCESS!
RT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cupid,

That resolved the problem.

Each Gixen account now bids on the corresponding eBay account.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RT wrote:
Thanks Cupid,

That resolved the problem.

Each Gixen account now bids on the corresponding eBay account.

OK, thanks for confirming that it is possible to have two different Gixen accounts registered to bid on two different Ebay accounts... I thought it would be, but, as you've found, it does take a bit of care to set it up.
mblockk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Please re-authorize Gixen on eBay Reply with quote

mario wrote:
click on the "Settings" button

When you log in, there is a notice in red text that says "Your ebay authorization has expired or expires in less than 10 days. Please renew it on the Gixen settings page or your snipes may fail."

Looked all over for the settings page. Found forum.

It appears there is a button, not a page, and the page that's telling you to look for another page is the actual page.

This seems very poorly set up imo, and I can tell from the comments here that I'm not the only one that had an issue finding it.

I would probably make the red-text word "settings" the button itself, or put an arrow pointing to the button, but the text needs to be changed for sure.

Mario, please fix for the sake of other users soon to have the same problem.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Please re-authorize Gixen on eBay Reply with quote

mblockk wrote:
and the page that's telling you to look for another page is the actual page.

That's not true, there is a separate Settings page, and you get to it to by pushing the 'Settings' button.

That seems entirely consistent to me.

There is, of course, an issue about where it can be placed on the site; since it's function requires that you first be logged in, if it were not accessed from where it is there would be no way to tell which Gixen account any updates were to be applied to.

The rest of the site including this Forum is designed to be used by anyone, even if they have not signed up to have a Gixen account at all.
fffjj

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:41 pm    Post subject: Erroneous notice subscription is expired and need to reup?!? Reply with quote

I got the notice and even though it was less than a year since I paid my $6, I contacted GIXEN but also went ahead and paid another $11 for 2 more years because I have some things coming up immediately that I don't want to miss sniping. That seemed to solve it, however I just now updated the screen and am once again being informed that my account is nearing expiration, which is hugely wrong!! I am very unhappy with this situation and feel that I am due a refund. PLEASE ADVISE SOONEST
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is about reauthorising your account with Ebay, which costs you nothing. This is done via the second section of the Settings page.

Is this what Gixen is informing you about, because this needs to be done at least once every 18 months since Ebay expires the authorisation after that. There has also been a few requests from Gixen to do this recently because the interface that Gixen uses to place your bids on Ebay has been updated by Ebay.

If this is about your subscription which you do pay for, please can you start a new thread in the Support area about this ?
cr8tvt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject: seeing my gixen authorization on my ebay account Reply with quote

re: seeing my gixen authorization on my ebay account -

in your faqs:
"Something went horribly wrong. I can't access your site, and I want to cancel some of the scheduled bids.

This can happen very infrequently, as Gixen server is placed in a reliable hosting facility, but if so, you can withdraw Gixen authorization on eBay.com, and all the scheduled bids will naturally fail."

How can i withdraw my Gixen authorization on eBay.com?
Where can I find it on my ebay account?

thanks -
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The place to check for it on the Ebay website is:

My eBay->Account Tab->Site preferences->General Preferences->Third-party authorisations

and will be listed as 'Gixen Inc.'.

There is a 'Revoke this authorisation' toggle and an 'Apply' button that can be used to achieve this goal.
professorfumble

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:41 am    Post subject: INVALID AUTHORIZATION Reply with quote

Just woke up to this issue and I'm trying to work out whats happening.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you need to do to sort it out is log in here via the web interface, push the Settings button on the snipes page and then the option you need is the second on the page that comes up.

It costs nothing and should only take you a couple of minutes to reauthorise your account.
durrrell

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:13 am    Post subject: It appears many of us want to use Gixen with two accounts Reply with quote

This is a feature we need. I don't want my buyers seeing when I buy stuff to resell.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have Gixen bidding on your buyer account there's no need to have it for your selling account, and your buyers can't tell what you paid for things if you buy using a different account.
thirrouard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:29 am    Post subject: error Reply with quote

Hi ! on my account, it says "Your ebay authorization has expired or expires in less than 10 days. Please renew it on the Gixen settings page or your snipes may fail."

I've done this before. it ask for my ebay username and password and then message disapear. but couple month ago already it didn't work.
I would get "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later."

And the message was still there, but not sure if it was a glitch. I wanted to get rid of this message and went on to "unlink ebay account".
Now it says "You do not have a linked eBay account."
And every time I try to re-link my account I get the same message :
""Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later."

What to do ?
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think once you get to the stage where you can't link your account at all your only option is to contact Mario direct via email at the support address given on the Contact page.

Ultimately though the linking/authorisation procedure is something that's provided in conjunction with Ebay, so if the issue turns out to be on their side it might be that Mario has to report it to them and wait for them to fix it. He'll need a good example, like yours, to be able to investigate further before he is able to do that though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: