Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Bid under asking price on Gixen, but I won the auction

View previous topic :: View next topic  
minkeystuff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:12 am    Post subject: Bid under asking price on Gixen, but I won the auction Reply with quote

Hi,

I bid on and won item 392708309924. My max bid on Gixen was $92.89 and the winning bid was $79. Both the main server and mirror had the message "Bid Under asking price". Fortunately, I also bid live on eBay because I thought I might be outbid so I put in a live bid of a little over $100 at around 3-4 seconds before auction end. When I look at the history, it appears that is the only bid that eBay recorded.

Can you tell me what happened to the Gixen bids?

Thanks
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is normal operation.

Ebay does not allow you to place a bid below one that you've already placed.

So by entering the higher bid you will have caused Ebay to reject the bids that Gixen was attempting to place at the same time. Ebay would indicate that a higher bid was required (to be more than the one already accepted), hence the status of 'Bid Under Asking Price'.
minkeystuff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification. I have done this before and the Gixen bids appeared, I guess it has been a matter of the timing of the bids.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.