Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

mirror subscription ended with Mirror Pay-Per-Use balance

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuclear_ice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:44 pm    Post subject: mirror subscription ended with Mirror Pay-Per-Use balance Reply with quote

I purchased pay-per-use balance yesterday (love that option, btw) and immediately set up a snipe.

came back today and edited my snipe and set up another, then noticed neither were showing on the mirror page.

at the top of my settings page, I see this:

[img]i.imgur.com/PSFMX6w.png[/img]

am I using pay-per-use correctly? I'm worried that something is wrong because I don't see the snipes in the mirror list...
nuclear_ice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems I can't embed an image...

anyway, it says:

Quote:
Gixen Mirror Subscription Status
Your Gixen mirror subscription is good until Sat, Mar 14, 2020. You have 0 mirror chunks remaining. Your Gixen mirror pay-per-use balance is USD 6.00.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you set a Group for these snipes ?

Grouped snipes are not Mirrored.
nuclear_ice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting, yes i did group them when i added the second item. i'm still new to gixen, so forgive me if this is answered elsewhere, but why is this? i tried to read the docs before setting up mirroring and playing with the offset but i had a hard time finding explanations...
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:22 am    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normal grouping is used when you only want one of the items, so when you win one the rest of the snipes in that group get cancelled so you don't win any more.

Therefore by definition all items in the group can be replaced with one another and the failure of one snipe is less significant than in most instances, where your aim is to win everything.

The primary reason why they are not mirrored though is to maintain the independence of the servers. Obviously if snipes are being sent from two separate servers in different locations there is much more dependence between them because they would need to keep telling each other what they have won from a group in order to also stop the other server from bidding on later items once one has been won. It wouldn't be easy to implement, and even if it were a failure of communication of one would compromise the performance of the other which breaks the principle of keeping them independent from each other.
nuclear_ice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Mark, that's really helpful and clarifies a lot!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.