Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen limitation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pathebaby

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:51 am    Post subject: Gixen limitation Reply with quote

One or two years ago, I list a bid beacause there was a delivery limitation and I discoverd it too late (if I had been aware earlier I could have change my delivery address). I thought having read something about this problem being fixed but oviousely it's not since I've just experimented the same problem. So, for an important bid, it's wiser to use directly Ebay...
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Ebay it is always the highest accepted bid that wins.

If there are limitations imposed by the seller, or by Ebay directly, that cause a bid to be rejected it is impossible for it to win.

There is no way that Gixen is ever going to be able to get around such blockages.

It is often pretty much impossible to do it directly on Ebay too, however when it's an issue with the delivery address and you have the option of using a different delivery address, in a different jurisdiction, I recommend the use of different Ebay accounts for different delivery addresses, because that way you don't need to remember to keep changing the delivery address associated with an account between bids being placed.

If you are unsure whether a bid is likely to be accepted for this reason it's perhaps a good idea to place a low initial bid just to determine whether or not it is possible to do so.

It's also worth noting that this particular issue (with sellers not allowing bids from accounts with delivery addresses in areas they specifically choose) is exacerbated by searching for items on Ebay sites that do not correspond with the delivery address, so for instance searching directly on ebay.com for items when your delivery address is in the United Kingdom (instead of searching only on ebay.co.uk, perhaps still with international sellers included, with that account) is always more likely to throw up auctions that are likely to be blocked from bidding.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bid 33 euros but the bid was won by someone who bid 20 euros.
The difference between placing a bid directly on Ebay is that you know immediately that the bid is rejected and you can still change your settings. If you bid through gixen at the last few seconds, it's too late if it's rejected. So, for an important bid, gixen is not 100 % reliable, that's all I'm saying.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, and I'm just pointing out some of the ways that the risk of that happening can be reduced/eliminated.

Personally I buy a lot internationally and I certainly bid on many more than I win, but I can't remember ever having had a Gixen bid rejected for this reason because I just don't bid on many of the items I already know my bids would be rejected for.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:08 pm    Post subject:

pathebaby

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trouble is that in some cases, you have no way to know there is a limitation before you bid so in those cases, gixen doesn't work.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and I'm pointing out how people can best avoid auctions that have this limitation, if they don't have multiple delivery addresses and hence know they can't get round such blockages.

I've also given advice about what to do if you do have different delivery addresses that you can use; To summarise, again, if an auction is for an item located in the USA and you have an address you can use in the USA always use an Ebay account that has that delivery address, alternatively if an item is located in the UK use a different Ebay account that has the delivery address that you can use in the UK, etc. etc.

If you don't like either of these approaches, then you can expect to get this problem occasionally if you snipe, no matter what sniping software you use, not just Gixen, there isn't any way that a bid can be somehow placed that Ebay software is designed to reject.

So this isn't really a failure of Gixen, it's just how things are, always have been, and always will be.
pathebaby

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying it's failure of gixen, it's a limitation. If you bid immediately on Ebay, you are immediately noticed your bid is rejected and you can change your address. If your bid is rejected at the last seconds as it's happen with gixen (that's the concept...), it's too late to react.
TigerDude

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wouldn't find that sniping manually, either. It'd be too late when you find out. Maybe bid the minimum incremental on Ebay then come back and ready the snipe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.